The Board has recently worked on several issues key to enhancing our website, including improvement on the whole Membership process. Natalie Mathews, our Membership Director, wanted to share with you some key points that will hopefully make the process a little easier for all while our site is under construction.
The following information should help “ease” the PBA membership renewal process until we can get the website functioning efficiently. There is a Membership Renewal link located in the middle of the home page under Membership Information about two-thirds of the way down (Note: you may need to click the plus sign (+) to expand this section). Here are some important points to follow for the present time:
- You should get an automatically-generated reminder 30 days prior to expiration of your account. It is preferable that you renew before the expiration date. Remember that YOU MUST BE LOGGED IN in order to renew.
- When you click on the Membership Renewal link, another link will become available so that you can check your account status and renew your membership if needed.
- You may renew either by PayPal or offline. Please note that if click PayPal, you will have the option of paying by credit card or debit card if you do not wish to use PayPal.
- If you wish to pay offline, follow the instructions until you reach checkout. Then access the Membership Application under the Membership tab. Print it off and send it with a check for $20 to the address on the form.
- If your membership has expired, you will get a blank screen and possibly a message saying that you have been banned. Please e-mail me at email@example.com. I will unblock your membership account for a week to allow you time to renew.
- As the result of a recent Board decision, PBA now offers only individual one-year memberships. There is no longer a family (household) membership nor are there options for renewing for two or three years.
- If you get an automatically-generated e-mail saying that “your membership expires tomorrow” and you know you have renewed, IGNORE it.
- In the future during the renewal process, we will ask you to electronically submit that you have read and agree to the PBA Terms and Conditions.
- If you are asked by guests how they can become PBA members, please refer them to the link in the upper lefthand corner of the home page entitled How to Become a PBA Member.
- If you have any issues with membership, please e-mail me. I will be happy to help you.